Call for Volunteers
Do you want to become a RAVING RAVEN (Volunteer)??
About the role of Volunteer
We want your brains, zeal for Halloween and your muscles! SEHEC is built on the passion of the entire Southeastern Halloween Enthusiast community. SEHEC is looking for committed monsters of all shapes and sizes to join us in one amazing event. Simply complete the form here to apply for one of our available volunteer opportunities.
APPLICATION FOR A VOLUNTEER POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCEPTANCE OF A VOLUNTEER POSITION. WE ARE MAKING A LIMITED LIST OF POTENTIAL VOLUNTEERS AND WILL MAKE SELECTIONS IN MID-JUNE, 2020.
Questions? Contact: SehecConvention@gmail.com
-You must be 18 years or older as of July 11, 2020.
-You must have a valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
-You must commit to a minimum of 3 event shifts.
- FRIDAY SET-UP01: Afternoon of 07/10/2020: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- FRIDAY SET-UP02: Afternoon of 07/10/2020: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY EARLY01: Morning of 07/11/2020: 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- SATURDAY EARLY02: Morning of 07/11/2020: 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
- SATURDAY MID01: Afternoon of 07/11/2020: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- SATURDAY MID02: Afternoon of 07/11/2020: 12:00 Noon – 4:00 PM
- SATURDAY LATE01: Afternoon of 07/11/2020: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY LATE02: Afternoon of 07/11/2020: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- SATURDAY NIGHT BALL01: Night of 07/11/2020 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- SATURDAY NIGHT BALL02: Night of 07/11/2020: 8:00 PM – 11:45 PM
- SUNDAY EARLY01: Morning of 07/12/2020: 7:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- SUNDAY EARLY02: Morning of 07/12/2020: 8:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
- SUNDAY MID01: Afternoon of 07/12/2020: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- SUNDAY MID02: Afternoon of 07/12/2020: 12:00 Noon – 4:00 PM
- SUNDAY TEARDOWN01: Afternoon of 07/12/2020: 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- SUNDAY TEARDOWN02: Afternoon of 07/12/2020: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Before or after a shift, Volunteer may attend “Make-n-Take” courses with payment for any class. The Costume Ball is excluded.
Each Volunteer will receive a specially-designed, limited edition, collectible SEHEC Staff show badge with neck lanyard.
Shifts may include, but are not limited to:
– Helping move/rearrange tables and chairs for class rooms and seminar rooms;
– Monitoring entrances;
– Verifying tickets purchases;
– Assisting at check-in areas;
– Distributing pens and paper when required;
– Providing presenters with proper set-up and attending to their needs;
– Attending to SEHEC Vendor and Speaker rest & relax area (the “V-Eye-P Lounge”);
– Set-up and break-down each Make-n-Take course;
– Assist each Make-n-Take Course presenter;
– Set up plastic coverings (drop cloth) over the tables, chairs and flooring where needed for protection
– Monitor vendors for their needs; monitoring the front area for bottlenecks and assist in resolution;
– Direct attendees when needed;
– Help clean-up after the show closes at 4 PM on 07/12/20 (if scheduled);
– And have a friendly face with a great attitude.
As a reminder, the definition of a Volunteer is here:
The benefit of being a Raving Raven is free admission to the event on the day you are volunteering. You may be able to attend the open non-fee courses between the shifts for which you have signed-up during this charitable event.