Join the SEHEC Team
We want your brains, zeal for Halloween and your muscles! SEHEC is built on the passion of the entire Southeastern Halloween Enthusiast community. SEHEC is looking for committed monsters of all shapes and sizes to join us in one amazing event. Simply complete the form here to apply for one of our available volunteer opportunities.
Questions? Contact: DrTerrorEyes@gmail.com
You must be 18 years or older as of July 14, 2018.
You must have a valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
You must commit to a minimum of 3 event shifts. (one shift Friday afternoon, three on Saturday and two on Sunday, Setup and Tear down.)
Volunteers may attend the open courses and vendor show floor when not working. FIVE shifts are set-up and we only ask for a Volunteer to work for any three of the five:
1. Afternoon of Friday 07/13/18: 1:00 – 7:oopm;
2. Morning of 07/14/18: 7:ooam -12:00 Noon, or 8:00am – 1:00pm;
3. Afternoon of 07/14/18: 1:00 – 6:00pm, or 2:00 – 7:00pm, or 3:00 – 8:00pm;
4. Morning of 07/15/18: 7:00am – 12:00 Noon;
5. Afternoon of 07/15/18: 12:00 Noon – 5:00pm.
Before or after a shift, Volunteer may attend “Make-n-Take” courses with payment for any class. The Costume Ball is excluded.
Each Volunteer will receive a specially-deigned SEHEC Staff button and special SEHEC Staff neck lanyard.
Shifts may include, but are not limited to:
– Helping move/rearrange tables and chairs for class rooms, dining areas and seminar rooms;
– Assembling and placing decorations and trash receptacles;
– Monitoring entrances;
– Verifying tickets purchases;
– Distributing SEHEC T-shirts;
– Assisting at check-in areas;
– Distributing pens and paper when required;
– Assisting with food and beverage areas;
– Monitoring restrooms and show floor for debris;
– Providing presenters with proper set-up and attending to their needs;
– Attending to Vendor and Speaker rest & relax area (the “V-Eye-P Lounge”);
– Set-up and break-down each Make-n-Take course;
– Assist each M-n-T Course presenter;
– Set up plastic coverings (drop cloth) over the tables, chairs and flooring where needed for protection — in the Demonstration Room/Area, Make-n-Take area and the Kids’ Creepy Crafting Area;
– Assist and monitor the Kids’ Area;
– Help change out trash receptacles when full;
– Monitor vendors for their needs; monitoring the front area for bottlenecks and assist in resolution;
– Monitor traffic and parking outside and direct when needed;
– Direct attendees when needed;
– Help clean-up after the show closes at 2 PM on 07/15/18;
– And have a friendly face with a great attitude.
Born out of eight years of make-n-take (instructive prop building) gatherings so popular, we outgrew the venue! SEHEC is the next masterful step to bring Halloween enthusiasts together to learn, share and grow their love for all things Halloween.
The SEHEC event features a variety of educational seminars, instructional demonstrations, Make-n-Take courses (learn-how-to courses where you bring home the creation you made with guided assistance), guest speakers, product vendors, master artists – even from hit television shows, and provides a welcoming atmosphere for Halloween socializing.